Tuesday, June 28, 2011

First race recap.

Well that was an interesting regatta; my heat was at 7:30 so that was a little early, but still doable. My plan did not happen because I started to get a little startled and overwhelmed with my competitors coming back after a solid 500m in the lead. After that, I tried to hang in the race but one after the other they got closer. I took too much with the arms and slowed myself down. The last 500m, I sprinted and made up a little time.
In the end, I had the 7th or 8th best time, but I didn't qualify to the final because only 1 and 2 advanced. The heats were not equal though since the third heat (mine) was much faster than the second. I wouldn't have probably gotten 4th in the final. No big deal though, experience is experience. Now I'm off on vacation until the Halifax regatta and maybe Clubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment