Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back in Melbourne


After a week of calm and relaxation, I'm back on the water with Casey. No matter what time we go out though, it's still so HOT!

Ever since regionals, I've been analyzing my stroke and trying to apply the work I did in France here without a coach, which is a little difficult, but today while doing a B2 workout (2x20' @20-22), I found that ease in the arms and upper body while still applying a good amount of pressure. I haven't had these sensations since I've been back in the U.S. so it is a god feeling. Automatically, this gives me more speed.

Hopefully, I lose some weight with training and this heat because my little vacation cost me a few pounds!

The plan for the next few weeks is to get a lot of kilometers in out in the single with drills and workouts testing speed and endurance, get a little weight training at the gym, and other cross workouts so that I can easily show speed at the Halifax regatta and be ready for fall training at JU.

No comments:

Post a Comment