Friday, August 12, 2011

Ups and Downs as the season is about to start

First I am super excited to start up my sophomore year because summer was long and eventless. For the ups, the new coach who will be replacing Ed OXLADE is Montia RICE who used to be UF's head coach. He sounds like he knows what he is doing and by the looks of what he did last year with his boat, I trust his knowledge. Now for the downs, it's never easy to say goodbye, but it's something we all have to do once in a while. Obviously, OXLADE is leaving the program for family problems, Jake RUFFOLO is staying home for personal and monetary problems, Brad MILLER is also staying home for monetary problems, and for me my biggest loss, not only my favorite coxswain but one of my best friends, Jessica MELLINGER is transferring to FIT. It's extremely hard to watch things crumble so close to school starting but I know that we all have a plan written for us and JU's has just commenced. Good luck to everyone leaving, I wish you the best. For all the new people including the incoming class, I wish you luck and strength as this is going to be a loooong year.

Let us kick some ass, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment