Thursday, September 29, 2011

Speed. It's there.

I have a subtle idea of the exact line up of the what would be a current V8, and it's a solid one. The other day as all three 8's were out doing pieces at low rates, and witnessed some real speed. I'd say about 6 out of the 8 planned (in my mind) wee in that boat and it definitely felt just as strong if not stronger than last year around Hooch time. This is making me optimistic towards the rest of our training. 
Today Brian COSMILLOand I raced one of the pairs for the first time in the around the island time trial and did pretty well as we only finished 5th and 3 mins behind the top boat which was the 8. Of course we had to finish practice with a bang so we ended up in the water trying to dock. Very eventful morning! 
Finding speed is augmenting every day and practice so my goal for this season is to be part of the top 15 on the C-MAX rankings.

No comments:

Post a Comment