Saturday, September 3, 2011

End of Testing Week

After a deceiving first ergo test on Wednesday, the week continued with a 5k run, and 2x6k at a steady state. But the most important event of this week was the 6k ergo test this Saturday. Coach set an all around goal to get as many people under 1:50 split and to get as close as your PR as possible. 1:50 was doable but 1:46.9 wasn't as much. My plan was to hold 1:52 or lower for most of the piece until around 2k to go and then drop splits. I did that with ease up until 3k and then struggle a little bit. I tried to kick a few times at 2k, but I wasn't able to hold it as long. So I waited until 1500m-1250m and then started to pull under 1:50. When 500m to go came around, I kicked as hard as possible and held around 1:45 and under and finishing at 1:40. I am happy because I didn't expect to even be under the required goal, but I pulled it off. My final average was 1:49.2 with a rate average of 24. I believe I finished in the top 6. Now it's time to relax and see what happens on the water Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment