Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Update

Since I've been home, I have been somewhat bored and feeling out of line because I have no set schedule. Even though getting up at 5:25 every morning isn't ideal, it still sets my day up pretty well, and since that's all we ever do, I can't stand just waking up at 10:03 to do nothing.

But my afternoons have been set because of the high school's practices. Even though I know I should be doing long moderate pieces at low rates, I've been trying to motivate the fours and the single for their national regatta this weekend. Today was their last practice in Florida as their shells will be leaving tomorrow for a long drive up to Camden, New Jersey. But what to do now? Left alone with no one to practice for the rest of the week! For now, I'll be going out earlier to get away from the grueling sun so I can enjoy the water time. On Tuesday, I will be heading down to Ft. Lauderdale for three days to see if the double is part of my near future. If it is, I believe I will be doing that trip a few more times before trials. Right now though, I'll be focusing on myself.

To add a little spice to my plans, the last Olympic qualification regatta has been happening and I've been following closely as some of my friends and acquaintances have been racing to acquire the final spots for the Olympic Games. Even though some didn't make it, they will be attending U23's and I dearly hope to see them there. This weekend will be the Samsung World Cup II and most of the top crews will be there so my weekend will be on lock down for that.

Good luck Melbourne High school, and get that gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment