Saturday, July 7, 2012

Last Go Of The Summer

It has been a long summer, and even though I'd rather be in Trakai, my last regatta of this summer will be Club Nationals.

Preparing for this race has been tough because I literally have no one coaching me or on the water with me; and it's hard to re-boot the mind up after trials. Before I left Melbourne last time, I lost my key to the boathouse so in return I've lost water time this last week, which sucks, being so close to racing. But I have been in contact with Olympic Champion Xeno Müller who is trying to improve and develop US sculling from his backyard, and it is working for me. I send him some footage and he comments on it with real criticism, detail and advice. This website is where you can find all the info on how you can help rowers such as myself to get some coaching help: http://www.indiegogo.com/us-sculling-and-rowing-development

I might sound like I'm complaining or something, but that is just the way I describe my current position. I'm actually really excited for Camden because it is going to be a whole week of straight competition, apparently it's the biggest turn out ever, and I'll be part of a team and not by myself. Like I said previously, I'll be racing three different events and that will really test my fitness and recovery. Speaking of recovery, I have been feeling a little weaker and not recovering as fast as I usually do. I don't know if that's because I'm getting a little burnt out or what but these next few days will allow me to really take my time and be ready by the time Wednesday comes around. Obviously the goal is to make it to the final in all events, and even a podium. If you didn't know, when rowers win races such as trials or club nationals in the senior events, you are moved up to elite status, which means you can't race anyone who are in intermediate or senior events. You are pretty much stuck at the top of the pyramid with only a select few and that would be a huge step for me!

Good luck to everyone going to Lithuania and Camden.

No comments:

Post a Comment