Thursday, January 5, 2012

05/01 A New Year

This is the first post of this 2012 year so happy new year!

While training had been going on pretty well over the last  few weeks, I came upon a road block in my winter training path. While attending a party on new year's eve, a fight broke out and I was hit in the face for being there at the wrong place and at the wrong time, but no worries, besides a little soreness I am alright. Because of an investigation, I had to take a day off to speak with a detective and then my lady treated me a day at Islands of Adventure as my Christmas present. With a two day break from any type cardio, I felt worthless. In other words, not productive. Before this small break, I had been doing a lot of running and cycling, but also added swimming as I joined my lifeguard friends at the pool for some laps on a cold evening. With the time off, I got to thinking that I was doing enough cardio but that the power on the erg hadn't felt right, meaning I haven't been putting enough kilometers on it. So this morning I got up and went for an easy 20mins on the ergo to stretch out and get the muscles moving. Later on, I set myself up for 40mins and got some sweat out. Finally a good pain. Tomorrow should be even better as I will be able to get my body adjusted by a good chiropractor, he knows his shit.

In other news, I had stopped publicizing the growth of my moustache and its surrounding areas because it seemed to had just gone on strike, but now it's looking even better. Knowing that I have a little over a week left of having this magnificent beast on my face, it is nice but sad also since work will start right back up. Who knows I might give up the money...



In all reality, break is now coming to an end and school is commencing once again. With a loaded scholastic and rowing schedule, the blood will be pumping on and off the water this semester. I believe that this break has been a very productive and successful training wise (it could have been better) and will set me up right for what is about to come. Hopefully everyone did their homework too. 

Heading back to Jax on Sunday.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment