Saturday, December 31, 2011

31/12 The Last Day

WOW! Today is the last day of 2011 and what an exciting year it has been. Before I start talking about this year, let's talk about the training for a second.

We are now entering the last week of break, meaning that we all have to try to catch up on some workouts we never did or just get in shape for some people. Yesterday was fun though because Brian COSMILLO came over and trained with me in my workout den/garage. We had Avicii pumping and he was working on the ergo while I was banging out a body circuit. It felt normal and at home. I feel confident in my endurance, not so much on my power, but I still am proud of the work I've dedicated on this break. We will see what comes out of it.

Back to this last year. Let's do a small recap:
-I accomplished my first year in college, not too shabby.
-Raced in the Varsity 8 every single race.
-Raced San Diego Crew Classic


-Travelled around the country with people I love  ^
-Beat Temple in the semi-final and made it to Grand Finals at Dad Vails.


-Got to go back to France and see my mother and friends.
-Rediscovered the single.
-Attempted to have chickens.
-Learned how to deal with rowing and school at a higher level.
-Learned how to lose, badly.
-Set goals that will probably be the death of me.
-And finally, made it through another year with my lady.

So that's what 2011 had to offer. I definitely had to give it all my might and that didn't seem enough. This year, I have to give a substantial amount of work on top of more school. Didn't I say it would be the "death of me"? 

No matter what happens, keep smiling and enjoy the people around you (friends, family, teammates...) because you are just starting a new year and it might not always go as planned. 

Cheers and Happy New Year 2012 to all! See you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment